The screw that hold our rear view mirror in place was stripped during a windshield replacement.
I attempted to make a replacement screw (photo) using a seventy-nine cent cap screw. After several attempts I couldn't get it quite right.
When we attempted to buy a replacement screw, were were told we'd have to replace the mirror to the tune of over $700.
One would thing that the vaunted Lexus service would have gone out of their way to help a customer. Isn't that what we pay inflated prices for?
Incidentally, a replacement mirror for a Ford Expedition is available online for $76.00
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Parts Availability
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Hi, I had Hercules tires installed on my 2009 jeep patriot July 17 / 2013 size P215/70/0R16.The first thing I noticed is that my jeep was very rough driving and the..."
- "We purchased a bumper for our car. Macco was to paint it. They charged us $15 extra for buying our own parts. When we went to pick..."
- "Direct Buy Warranty is a scam. I am confused how this company has been able to rip people off for so long and get away with it, is New Jersey..."
- "This company is unethical. Let me explain why. If you order a new piece of furniture chances are you will receive a used piece. If it does not arrive at..."
- "I have been a owner for 10 yrs. we have a studio every other year. When we bought in 2005 they show you a big studio with walk in shower..."
- "Met with sales person April of 2016 and walked the yard. Assured me they'd take care of everything we were seeing and my lawn would look terrific. Extremely quick to..."
- "Better use consignee rather than your own people which not taking care and stealing the contents of the box. batter add precautions and implement rules to avoid this kind of..."
- "Justin Holt from Austin commercial will be tried in court for numerous accounts of fraud: conspiracy to terrorism, fraud, misrepresentation, conspiracy to perjury, false advertising, breach of contract, violation of..."
- "First the positive (which is why it's got a star at all): The company (when it shows up) is EXTREMELY fast, efficient and hard working. They know their stuff and..."